4STEPS mission is to help enhance and improve the lives of children and adults with special needs through adventure-based therapeutic horseback riding and equine-assisted services.
Participation in 4STEPS benefits people with a variety of challenges:
• Improved sensory processing abilities
• Improved learning, concentration and spatial awareness
• Improvement in joint mobility, balance and coordination
• Positive changes in muscle tone, gross and fine motor skills
• Increased self-confidence and social interaction skills
• An incentive and opportunity to take responsibility and control
• Transfer of learning outcomes to daily living skills
4STEPS riders are GRITTY!
They work strenuously toward challenges and maintain effort and interest despite physical, emotional, behavioral and cognitive challenges, despite failure, adversity and plateaus in progress. GRIT requires courage, conscientiousness, perseverance, resilience and passion. You grow GRIT by being around GRITTY people.
How do you know if you have GRIT?
When you have grit you don’t get humiliated or mortified if you make mistakes. You refuse to give up, give in or get out when you know what you want, and you let nothing get in your way!
We follow safe practices wear masks, social distance hygiene, and other recommendations made by the Maryland Horse Industry Board and the State of Maryland https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MDMDA/bulletins/28a4587#.XrWz7Ih8c0k.facebook
Please inquire when making reservations.